Page Title

Skip to main content
A series of individuals enjoying many activities. Actor portrayal.

Frequently Asked Questions

Looking for answers? You’ve come to the right place.

Here are our most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Program overview

What is Advancing Access?

Advancing Access is a patient support program. It can help you find financial support options and understand coverage information for your prescribed Gilead HIV treatment, HIV prevention, or COVID-19 medication.

What support offerings are available through Advancing Access?
  • Co-pay coupon card
  • Learn how insurance may cover your medication
  • Help with the prior authorization and appeals process information
  • Patient Assistance Program (PAP)

Enrolling in Advancing Access

How do I get support from Advancing Access?
What fields are needed for a complete enrollment form?
  • Fill out all required parts of the form
  • Sign where indicated
  • Have your doctor sign where indicated
How long does it take for an enrollment form to be reviewed?

We will look at your form as soon as we can and will call you to discuss.

Where to get COVID-19 treatment

Where can I get COVID-19 treatment if I am not in the hospital?

Use the Therapeutics Locator. Your doctor may know of treatment sites as well.

This tool is not owned or maintained by Gilead Sciences, Inc. Gilead Sciences, Inc., is not responsible for the content of the COVID-19 therapeutics locator or how it is used. The therapeutics locator was developed by the US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response, and is provided for your convenience.

The Patient Assistance Program (PAP)

What is the Patient Assistance Program (PAP)?

If you are treated with Gilead's COVID-19 medication in the outpatient setting and are eligible, you may be able to receive your prescribed Gilead COVID-19 medication free of charge through PAP.

My enrollment form was submitted by fax. How will I be told if I qualify for PAP?

Advancing Access will tell you through the preferred communication method you chose on the form. We will let your doctor know as well.

Do I need to be residing in the United States to qualify for PAP?

Yes. You must be a resident of the United States, Puerto Rico, or US Territories. You must meet other criteria as well. Proof of residency may be needed.

How long does PAP enrollment last?

Enrollment is for one treatment course.

If I need treatment with Gilead's COVID-19 medication again in the future, can I re-enroll in PAP?

If you need to re-enroll, call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

The Gilead Advancing Access co-pay program

What is the Gilead Advancing Access co-pay program?

If you are commercially insured and eligible, the co-pay coupon card may help you save on your prescribed Gilead medication. You cannot enroll if you take part in a federally or state-funded prescription drug program, like Medicare, Medicare Part D, or Medicaid. For information and to see if you qualify, view terms and conditions.

I was treated in an outpatient facility for COVID-19 and was charged a co-pay. Can I still qualify for the co-pay program?

You may be able to get reimbursed. Please call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

How do I enroll in the co-pay program?

Call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

How much does the co-pay coupon card cover?

This card discounts up to 20% of the catalog price. See terms and conditions. For more information, call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

Does my co-pay coupon card expire?

This card is for one treatment course. To re-enroll, call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

What happens if I lose my co-pay coupon card or information?

Please call Advancing Access at 1-800-226-2056.

Understanding insurance types

Here is a guide to help you determine what type of insurance you have:


Health insurance usually purchased by an employer or individually from a private or commercial health insurance company. This does not include health plans purchased through federal or state government employers. Commercial plans are generally offered as a preferred provider organization (PPO) plan, point of service (POS) plan, or health maintenance organization (HMO) plan.


Health insurance that is funded by the federal government or a state government. Examples include Medicare, Medicare Part D plans, Medicaid plans, VA/TRICARE, and Federal Employee Health plans.

Health exchange

Health insurance that is purchased through government-regulated marketplaces with different tiers or levels of coverage. Health exchanges were established in accordance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Examples of exchange plans include "Metal Tier" plans in gold, silver, or bronze.

PPACA provides health insurance coverage, prescription coverage, help with healthcare costs, and preventive care.

I’m still not sure what type of insurance I have. How can I find out?

Call 1-800-226-2056 to speak with Advancing Access. We are available Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM ET.

Information icon

Still need help? Call 1-800-226-2056 to speak with a program specialist. We are available Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM ET. Please let us know if English is not your preferred language.