Page Title

Skip to main content

Helping you access your prescribed medication

Whether you have insurance or not, we can explore potential coverage and financial support options that might be right for you.

Individual standing on balcony against evening city view in bright t-shirt and taking picture on vintage photo camera. Actor portrayal.

Get started with Advancing Access®

Patient support begins with enrollment. If eligible, we can help with…

Enrollment in the Patient Assistance Program/
Medication Assistance Program (PAP/MAP) for the uninsured

Enrollment in the co-pay program for the commercially insured

Understanding how insurance may cover your Gilead medication through benefits investigations

Researching prior authorization requirements so you and your healthcare provider know what is needed to start on your medication

A series of individuals enjoying activities. Actor portrayal.

We keep every individual in mind

Choose your insurance type to see how Advancing Access may help you

I do not have health insurance

You may be able to receive your Gilead medication free of charge through the Patient Assistance Program/Medication Assistance Program (PAP/MAP).

Do I need to be residing in the United States to be eligible for PAP or MAP?

Yes. You must be a resident of the United States, Puerto Rico, or US Territories. You must also meet other criteria as well. Proof of residency may be required.

How long does PAP/MAP enrollment last?

PAP/MAP enrollment is for up to 12 months. During this time, there are ongoing eligibility checks to make sure you still qualify. If you get insured while enrolled, or no longer need free medication support, please call 1-800-226-2056 to let us know.

What if I need to stay on PAP/MAP after my year of enrollment expires?

If you still need PAP/MAP after enrollment ends, you may be able to re-enroll. If you are eligible for Medicaid or the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), you may not be eligible to re-enroll in PAP/MAP. Please speak with your doctor or call Advancing Access to see if you may be able to re-enroll in PAP/MAP.

For more answers about enrollment, as well as filling your prescription, head to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

Click here to visit and learn how the Affordable Care Act impacts patients living with HIV/AIDS.

I have commercial or private insurance through my employer or directly from a health insurance company

If you have commercial or private insurance through your employer or directly from a health insurance company, the Gilead Advancing Access® co-pay coupon card helps eligible patients who need financial assistance with their co-pays. You may be able to lower your out-of-pocket costs with the Gilead Advancing Access co-pay coupon card.

Find out if you are eligible and get more information

How much does the co-pay coupon card cover?

The amount is based on your medication. For information about the amount covered, view co-pay program benefits and terms and conditions.

Does my co-pay coupon card expire?

No. You keep the same card for your whole enrollment. It auto-renews January 1 each year. For information about the amount covered, go to the co-pay program page.

If I change medications, can I still use my same co-pay coupon card?

If you are prescribed a different Gilead HIV treatment or HIV prevention medication, you can still use your same card. However, SUNLENCA® (lenacapavir) has its own co-pay card. You must enroll for this separately.

Visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more answers about how the co-pay coupon card works.

I have government-sponsored insurance such as Medicaid, Medicare, VA, or another federal or state healthcare program

There are many different types of government insurance and programs, and we can help you understand what your coverage is.

If you have government insurance, you may be eligible to receive financial assistance through independent co-pay foundations. Independent co-pay foundations are charitable nonprofit organizations that have their own eligibility criteria and application process. These foundations may give additional support for help with out-of-pocket (OOP) costs including:

Government insurance includes:

For information, please call 1-800-226-2056 to speak with an Advancing Access program specialist.

I’m not sure what insurance I have or my insurance situation recently changed

If you are not sure if you have insurance or what type of insurance you have, visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) to learn more about insurance types or call 1-800-226-2056 to speak with a program specialist.

We know your journey has twists and turns. If your insurance situation changes, we can help you:

  • Understand if your new plan covers your Gilead medication
  • Determine next steps for covering your Gilead medication
  • Find out why you were denied insurance coverage
  • Identify programs that may help you pay for your medications
  • Provide information about appeals processes if your claim is denied

Enroll online in Advancing Access to learn how insurance may cover your Gilead medication.

Map with Rx symbol and location marker

Frequently Asked Questions

Need help? Head over to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions about enrollment, the co-pay program, and how to obtain your Gilead medication.

Information icon

Still need help? Call 1-800-226-2056 to speak with a program specialist. We are available Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM ET. Please let us know if English is not your preferred language.